- Apple iPhone 5S is a smartphone that runs Apple's iOS 7.
- It has a 4-inch LED-backlit IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen with ~326 PPIdensity.
- The iPhone 5S features an 8 MP back camera and a 1.2 MP front camera.
- The next variant of this phone is iPhone 7, iPhone X and iPhone 8.
- The phone is powered with 1.3 GHz dual-core Apple A7 processor.
- It has 1 GB RAM and variations of 16GB internal storage options.
- It supports 4G, Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 and microUSB2.0 port.
- The phone runs on a non-removable Li-Po 1560 mAh battery, with talk time up to 10 hours.
Apple IPhone 5S 16 Gb Details
- Premium metal body with chamfered edges
- Easy and comfortable to hold
Introduction & Design
- Apple iPhone 5S is the 7th generation high-end phone in the line of Apple’s flagship phones. It succeeds iPhone 5. The most important addition to the this upgraded device is the fingerprint scanner and a new generation of powerful GPU. The smartphone features a metallic body with chamfered edges to provide premium look. The iPhone 5s feels sturdy and comfortable in hand. The device measures 123.8 x 58.6 x 7.6mm and weighs mere 112 grams. The smartphone is available in Space Gray, White/Silver, Gold.
Software & Performance
The phone runs on iOS 7 operating system that can be upgraded to iOS 9.3.2. Users can be rest assured as the device has planned upgrade to iOS 10. iOS is an ultra-efficient operating system that is upgraded time to time and goes light on hardware. The device has a dual-core Apple A7 processor code named ‘Cyclone’ with 1GB of RAM and quad-core PowerVR G6430 GPU. The performance of the iPhone 5s is same as you can expect from any Apple device, blazing fast.
Display & Camera
The phone has a 4-inch LED backlit IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen display with the resolution of 1136x640 pixels. The effective pixel density is about 326 PPI. Just like its predecessor, it has a brilliant retina display. It comes with Corning Gorilla Glass protection, and oleophobic coating for smudge-free surface. The iPhone 5s features the same 8-Megapixel camera with improved low-light performance and dual-tone LED flash. The phone can take pictures at 3264x2448 pixels and can record full-HD videos at 30 FPS. It is also capable of recording slow motion 120FPS videos at 720p resolution. The camera allows you to record and take pictures simultaneously without having to switch between. Overall the camera performs pretty well, having enough details and accurate colours. The phone also has a 1.2 MP HD front-facing camera for clicking selfies or to make video calls and Facetime calls. Both the cameras feature HDR for improved dynamic range which can switched on manually.
Battery & Connectivity
When it comes to battery backup, iPhone 5s is not the best smartphone you can buy. The iPhone 5S encases a non-removable 1560 mAh Li-Ion battery that will get you through a day with light to moderate usage. In terms of connectivity, the device supports 4G LTE, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.0, GPS, GLONASS and lightening port for charging and syncing.
The iPhone 5s is the first Apple device to feature fingerprint scanner, the fingerprint sensor in the Home button makes the phone more secured and private, and mainly easy to unlock.